As many of you already know...we are not requiring families to sign purple cards when students do not travel to and from activities on the bus. We now just require the parents to sign a form that I have on my iPad once you have the student and take them from us. A couple of notes:
1) PLEASE FIND US AT THE BUSES BEFORE WE LEAVE FROM THE EVENTS. I will be at the buses before the load times and would like to have ALL parents of the students that are not riding home with us, sign the document at that point. Please do not be late to get this done. If we do not see you at the buses, we will have no choice but to leave and take the student with us.
2) PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO SIGN DOCUMENT BEFORE LOAD TIMES. The reason for this is after the performance is done, we are busy loading equipment, taking care of student needs, watching other bands perform, etc. I will be available for you to sign document at the load times only. If I run into you before the load times, you can sign the document ahead of time...I just don't want to make special arrangements to meet before load time if we can help it! Thanks for understanding.
3) YOUR CHILDREN CAN ONLY RIDE WITH YOU. The district has a strict policy that states that your children can not ride with friends, boyfriend/girlfriends, etc....only YOU or GRANDPARENTS. If there needs to be an exception to this rule, you MUST contact Cory Aadland ahead of time.
If you have questions about this policy, contact Cory Aadland.
Thanks so much!
The meal at Marshall on Saturday will be served for lunch, as soon as we arrive and get set up. Parents who volunteered to serve the meal, please find the bus/trailers as soon as you get there. We are preparing enough food for all students whether they paid for the meal or not. No one will be turned away!
We are serving: Ham Sandwiches (optional mayo/mustard), small bag of chips, apple, carrots & ranch, dill pickle spears, cookie and bottled water.
Mitchell Band Discount Card Promotion
What it is: A fundraiser for both the individual band students & the high school band program selling cards featuring special discounts from local retailers.
How it works: Students sell the cards for $10 each. $7 goes into the student’s individual band account for the band trip, or other approved band expenses, this account carries over all 4 years of high school. The other $3 from the card sale goes into the band’s account to help fund the program.
It’s an amazing fundraising opportunity!
What to do: Each student starts out with 10 cards. If they sell all of these, they may request more cards from Mr. Stahle. Please keep track of the number of cards sold & the money returned using the collection envelope, this makes our music boosters treasurer’s job much easier. Thanks!
New this year: Adorn, Little Caesar’s, Mueller Lumber, Perkins
*some restrictions apply, please see card for details
Ryan Stahle 995-3040, email@example.com
If you would like to sign up to usher at the Corn Palace shows, please visit this link to sign up: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/5080C4DABA622A3F85-corn
On Wednesday, May 3rd, the high school jazz band and winter drumline will be performing at all elementary schools and the middle school. The schedule is below in case anyone would like to come out and watch. Students - check out the schedule and make sure most things are packed up at the end of the day Tuesday so we do not have to do much on Wednesday morning before we leave for MS. Notice that you will eat your regular lunch schedule.
If anyone has questions, let me know!
2017 TOUR SCHEDULE
7:00AM - Load buses at the HS
7:25AM - Arrive at MS and set up for first show
7:50AM - Performance starts in middle school gym
8:15AM - Pack and load bus
8:30AM - Depart for LBW
8:40AM - Set in gymnasium at LBW
9:00AM - Performance in LBW gymnasium
9:30AM - Pack and load bus
9:45AM - Depart for JP2
9:55AM - Set up in commons of JP2
10:15AM - Performance in commons of JP2
10:45AM - Pack and load bus
11:00AM - All students head back to HS and report to SRBs
ALL STUDENTS EAT YOUR REGULAR SCHEDULED LUNCHES
1:00PM - EVERYONE reports to bus (north doors of PAC)
1:05PM - Set up in gym of Longfellow
1:30PM - Performance in gym at Longfellow
2:00PM - Pack and load bus
2:15PM - Depart to GBR
2:25PM - Set up in commons of GBR
2:45PM - Performance in commons of GBR
3:15PM - Pack and load bus
3:30PM - Unpack gear at HS
There are several kids with nuts allergies. JD Brink's is severe. Please remember no nuts or food that is processed in a peanut or nut factory on the bus. Nuts are everywhere and the kids carry their epi-pens, but enclosed on the bus is very dangerous if they are surrounded. The oils from nuts doesn't wash off easy, so if you have a candy bar and touch someone with an allergy they can have a reaction, and possibly stop breathing.
Thank you all for your help with this, if you should have any questions, please contact me 605 770 7915.
Wow...time flies! Here we are - already at our first performance! Below are the details for the day on Tuesday, Feb 7th. Please contact me anytime if you have questions:
We have provided a black shirt and tie for everyone in the jazz band this year. The only thing you need to provide this year, is black dress pants (girls can wear black leggings if they want), black dress shoes and black socks! If you dont own this already, please get as close to this as you can.
Feb 7th SCHEDULE
8:15AM - Report to first hour class at the Middle School (no rehearsal that day)
8:30AM - Load bus with instruments and music with Mr. Jamison.
9:00AM - Warmup in the new Jazz Band Rehearsal Room (Mr. Jamison will get them there)
9:30AM - Performance in Band Room (this is open to the parents if you want to attend. There will be chairs in the band room for you to sit and listen if you want to...WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO DO SO).
10:00AM - One-On-One Clinic with Dr. Jorgensen
10:30AM - Workshops (kids will attend the one for their instrument)
11:30AM - Lunch provided by Mitchell Music Boosters (kids will eat in the MCTEA commons area)
12:15PM - Load bus to travel back to the MS with Mr. Jamison
12:30PM - Arrive back at MS and finish class. Kids can change when they get back to MS if they want. It will be up to them if they want to bring regular clothes with them. THEY HAVE TO BE IN UNIFORM for both performances.
6:15PM - Call time in the black box theatre warm up area. DO NOT BE LATE TO THIS...we start warming up at 6:15PM...plan to arrive before this.
7:00PM - Concert in the BRAND NEW PERFORMING ARTS THEATRE (you have to see this place)! Tickets can be purchased at the door. Ticket prices are $10 for adults and $5 for students.
7:20PM - Students will sit and watch the rest of the concert (SF Roosevelt, Brookings and our high school band will perform).
8:30PM - Concert is over and everyone needs to be picked up from the Theatre.
My cell is 605-999-6545 and my email is firstname.lastname@example.org Contact me if you have any questions. CANT WAIT for you to hear the kids...they have been working real hard these last few months. Time to get out and perform now!
Dear Band Parents,
It is now time to start selling our frozen foods! Every student that is interested in selling, will have a meeting on Monday, Oct 17th at 10:30AM in SRB to go over details of the sale, but I wanted to post this information so the parents have this as well:
The frozen food sale will start today (Oct 17th) and go until Monday, October 31st. Order forms only (no money) will be collected on the 31st.
Delivery for frozen food has been set for Wednesday, November 16th at 3:15PM in the east cafeteria.
Each student will receive 40% profits for regular items and 30% profits for bulk items into their student accounts.
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
1) When food is delivered (Nov 18th), please bring me ONE CHECK WRITTEN TO THE MITCHELL MUSIC BOOSTERS in the total amount of your sale. You can then collect from your customers when you deliver to reimburse yourself. You can decide whether you want to collect from your customers before or after delivery....JUST DONT HAVE THEM WRITE THE CHECK TO US...IT GOES TO YOU TO OFFSET THE CHECK YOU GIVE TO US!!
2) Delivery is Wednesday, November 16th. We DO NOT have freezer space here at the high school if your child forgets to pick up your food..so please help your child plan ahead to pick up all food that is sold.
3) Each regular food item requires .50 cents per item to cover tax and shipping. Each bulk item requires a $1. i.e. If a regular priced item is $13 in the brochure....you charge customer $13.50. If a bulk item is priced $22.00 in the brochure, you charge customer $23.00.
4) No fundraiser here at MHS is mandatory. If you do not want to sell food, you DO NOT HAVE TO PARTICIPATE. The main goal of this fundraiser (like most) is to allow students to deposit fundraising money into their student accounts. The student accounts can then be used for band tours or any other musical activity and its associated expenses.
If anyone has any questions, please let me know. Happy selling!
Ryan Stahle - Director of Bands
Mitchell High School