Dear Band Members and Parents:
Please take the 3-4 minutes and read this information below carefully BEFORE we leave on Wednesday!
If you haven't already, please join the Remind group for the Florida trip by sending @mhsfltour To 81010. This group will be the main group that will receive information on the trip (if you received a message from me lately from this group, no need to sign up again).
We will be handing out park passes once we get on the bus in the morning. You will then take a picture of the back of your park pass on your phone. You will then hand it back in to us (its $400....we dont want you losing it). I have labeled EVERYONES card with your name and taken a picture of it myself. You can then plug in the card information into the app and get to know the basics of the app before we get there. When we get on the bus Friday morning, we will hand out the park pass and you will be responsible for it for the remainder of the trip!
Rules (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
1) If anyone is caught with alcohol, drugs, tobacco, vaping, etc....you will be sent home immediately (plus suffer the consequences of the school when you return).
2) If anyone is caught sneaking out of the hotel rooms for any reason...you will be sent home immediately.
3) If anyone is caught sneaking out of the parks when we are in Disney....you will be sent home immediately.
4) There is AT NO POINT, no girls in boys rooms or vice versa. There are common areas by the pool that you can hang out and socialize with each other. The only time you are in the hotel rooms is when you are sleeping or eating. The first day we are there is really going to be the only downtime for this anyways....we have a FULL schedule of events!
5) No one is to leave the hotel property AT ANY POINT.
6) Keep your buses clean at all times!
7) Be RESPECTFUL of others and remember you represent our school, our program and our community EVERYWHERE we go.
8) Listen to your chaperones...they are there to help and assist! RESPOND to your chaperone checkins via text messages or calls as soon as you can! This is for the safety of the group!
9) In the park, EVERYONE must be in groups of at least 2 and you are NEVER to be alone in the park at any time! Decide who your groups are going to be BEFORE you get down there!
Please bring all necessary medication that you need while traveling. As we do in marching band, we will have a medical bag with various things that we can give to you based on what your medication consent forms state...but it is alway better to have your own.
The hotel rooms have a fully furnished kitchen (pots, pans, silverware, etc). We will be heading to Target when we get there so there is NO NEED to bring your food that you are cooking the first night.
Please consult the latest itinerary for information on what to pack and what to pack in. We are asking that everyone please bring a moderately sized suitcase so that we have enough room for instruments, luggage, food, etc underneath the bus. High temperatures for ORLANDO while we are there are 87, 85, 73, 79, 84 degrees...its going to be nice! However, I would prepare to have layers and prepare for anything. You probably notice on the itinerary we will be heading to Cocoa Beach on Sunday. You may want to pack a swimsuit if you want to “dip your toes” or swim in the ocean. Water temperatures are a little chilly…but why not, right?
What to bring on the bus
Because we are traveling overnight both there and back, I would recommend bringing a pillow and blanket of some kind so you are comfortable. Chargers for your devices, homework, movies, snacks are all things people have brought in the past. Just remember you only have the overhead compartments above you and the space on the floor…so please don't bring too many things so it's uncomfortable for you and your seat partner!
Money for Food
You will need money for food for the following days (breakfasts are provided on way there and back and at the hotel):
PACK YOUR LUNCH FOR WEDNESDAY 2.16
Dinner in route 2.16
Lunch and Dinner in route 2.17
Lunch and dinner in park on 2.18
Lunch and dinner in park on 2.19
Lunch and dinner in park on 2.20
Lunch and dinner in park on 2.21
Lunch in park on 2.22
Dinner in route 2.22
Lunch and Dinner in route 2.23
Stops along the way will be fast food choices and will be easy to stay on a budget. Finding places in the park that aren't expensive can be challenging. We have talked about this in class! Sit down restaurants will require advance reservations and can be spendy. Most of the parks have cafeteria style cheaper options…you just need to have a plan. It's so hard to give a suggested amount of money to bring for this…but I would say to plan on lunches and dinners in the park to be $15-25 each. Ideally, have your spending money be on a credit card or cash card.
TownePlace Suites by Marriott / Flamingo Crossings / West Entrance to Disney World
13295 Hartzog Road, Winter Garden, Florida 34787
That is it! If you have questions or need something, let me know!